We aim to help every student to reach their full potential and progress on to a successful destination by providing them with the widest possible range of employer and careers related opportunities. This can only be achieved with the help and support of those around us, including employers and alumni.
Each year we receive support from over 70 employers attending events in school and an additional 200+ employers for our Year 12 work experience programme.
Gable Hall seeks to actively engage employers in the development and delivery of careers provision. We appreciate that your time is precious and we would value your contribution whatever this may be. Here are some examples of how an employer could get involved in careers activities:
As an employer, if you would like to support our career’s programme, we are always looking for people to provide mock interviews for our year 11 pupils; workshops for year 10 pupils; drop in ‘spotlight on careers’ sessions for those interested.
Plan for the long term by making connections with us today. Students at Gable Hall School will benefit from access to your knowledge, expertise, and support, and you will benefit by cultivating the attitudes and skills you need for the future workforce focusing on local labour market information and future skills gaps.
Our current providers
What is in it for you?
- You can inspire talented young people to work for you/your sector
- Make a positive impact whilst raising awareness of your company. You will be giving something back to your local area, while boosting your company’s profile
- It is great for staff development. Employees who do talks at schools or mentor work placements will grow in confidence and gain a sense of achievement in supporting young people, as well as developing their planning, communication and presentation skills
- You will get the chance to network and make contacts with other businesses
Ways to get involved:
- Prepare future employees for the world of work by taking on a leaving student as an apprentice; school outreach is a great way to spot future talent
- Pass on knowledge of your sector through talks, workshops and workplace visits – all the while raising the profile of your business
- Offer a work experience placement
- Help students be “work ready” through activities like mentoring, mock interviews.
We are always looking for local companies who may be able to offer our students an opportunity of ‘work experience’ Give back, get involved and raise your profile! If you can help us in supporting the next generation in any way, please contact our Careers Lead Mrs Mountney on 01375 400800 or via email@example.com.
Mock Interview Day 2023 Comments:
“Very well organised event, the school structured everything very well and accommodated to all providers. Really enjoyable”
“A very well organised mock interview day – well done Gable Hall. Such an important life skill which will benefit the students that took part. Each student which I interviews showed passion, respect and enthusiasm. Very polite students. I would be very proud how they represented Gable Hall”.
“Was very surprised at the level of confidence the pupils displayed, which I feel is a credit to the school. Really enjoyed talking to each and every pupil and getting their views on their chosen career paths and general interests. Feel this is a very worthwhile experience for everyone”.
“I have been doing these mock interviews voluntarily for Gable Hall for 8 years now and I find them extremely rewarding for both myself and pupils”.
“Students were impeccably behaved and presented themselves as the bright sparks of the future. Michelle is fantastic and the activity was organised beautifully”.
“Had a great day, really enjoyable and well organised. The students were really nice and polite and I would like to get more involved with any more future projects”.
“ A very enjoyable experience – the students behaved impeccably and approached their interviews with the intent to do well”.
“Very polite young people, a credit to Gable Hall. Positive experience and fulfilling to be able to support the students”.
“A positive day meeting very polite and enthusiastic students all in which had clear goals and were able to take constructive feedback to benefit them in the future”.
Revision skills workshop
- A brilliant day! The student’s behaviour was impeccable in every workshop and the focus they displayed made for an impactful series of workshops.
- I was ably assisted by Michelle and the small groups allowed for an extended deeper dive into useful revision strategies and planning.
- Vital to have mock interviews so that students are well prepared.
- Student I saw were well prepared and accepted advice for future interviews.
- Event ran well, even when some employers dropped out.
- Steady stream of students, well-constructed questions which helped the students with their preparation for real interviews.
- Lovely students with great ambitions & career paths mapped & ready! Well done! – Debut training academy
- It was a pleasure to be part of Gable Hall’s mock interview day. All the children did a great job and should be very proud of themselves.
- It was a great day and a great event – Mears Group
- Mock interview day was thoroughly enjoyable. The students were so enthusiastic about their careers and interests. They really knew what they needed to do to succeed, which was refreshing to hear.
- I would strongly recommend anybody getting involved and volunteering at Gable Hall’s events.
- The organisation and set up of the whole day is great. It gives both the students and interviewers a brilliant chance to share ideas on local careers too. – Karis May Darling Foundation
- Really well organised day – food, drinks, service from students – Superb!
- Very confident, well-presented students – a credit to the school, their families and themselves, Well done Michelle! – Inspire Thurrock
- Excellent day, I was extremely impressed by the students approach to the mock interviews. All students prepared well, were confident and asked lots of questions and showed a level of maturity beyond their age.
- Super impressed! I wish all the students well with their careers. – Wates Group
- Great students with a refreshing enthusiasm for further study and careers.
- All polite and well mannered and many very confident about future life choices. Was lovely to chat to them about their ambitions and that the world is their oyster, I wish them all the very best – Linklaters LLP
- The students are a real credit to the school. I interviewed many students today who I could well imagine as future employees in our business. – DP World
- Overall, a very good event – well done!
- All the students that I interviewed have surprised me and definitely impressed me with their examples and understanding of transferable skills – Make Happen