Performing Arts Selection Programme
Thank you for your interest in joining Gable Hall School and considering our exclusive 10% Performing Arts selection program.
As a renowned institution with a specialisation in Performing Arts, we are proud to uphold our tradition of handpicking 10% of our student body based on their exceptional aptitude and potential in Dance, Drama, Music, or Art.
In workshop activities, a student can achieve the following:
- Skilfully observe and depict a still life, ensuring accurate proportions and a three-dimensional representation.
- Attentively analyse and apply a variety of tones to their artwork.
- Employ precise mark-making techniques to establish texture and shading.
- Demonstrate adept control over the chosen artistic medium, showcasing an understanding of visual and tactile attributes.
- Show autonomy in assessing and enhancing their work as they advance in the creative process.
Through engaging in workshop activities, a student can accomplish the following:
- Demonstrate a consistent display of accuracy in executing both simple and intricate body movements, showcasing mastery achieved through sufficient rehearsal.
- Exhibit a keen understanding of the significance of factors such as focus, timing, clarity of form, and a profound familiarity with the chosen material.
- Develop an apt and fitting response to a provided stimulus, showcasing creativity and adaptability.
- Choose body actions that encompass a diverse range of both simple and intricate movements, revealing versatility in their performance.
- Manifest an acute awareness of contrasts, employing them effectively to generate intrigue and captivation in their presentation.
Engaging in workshop activities empowers a student to achieve the following:
- Craft distinct characters that stand apart from themselves, skilfully employing voice modulation, gestures, and body language.
- Select appropriate vocabulary and movements that seamlessly align with the specific personalities, settings, and time frames demanded by their narrative or scenario.
- Effectively comprehend and execute directional instructions, demonstrating both the ability to follow and provide guidance.
- Contribute actively to group improvisations, collaboratively enhancing the collective creative endeavour.
- Prioritise safety within group activities, comprehending and adhering to safety measures.
- Articulate insightful commentary on the dramatic work at hand and offer constructive suggestions for its enhancement.
Participating in workshop activities equips a student to achieve the following:
- Skilfully reproduce given phrases through singing, showcasing a strong sense of intonation and a capable memory for longer sequences.
- Innovate and compose brief improvisations, utilising either their voice or a musical instrument, inspired by a provided stimulus.
- Display comprehension of pacing, dynamics, rhythm, and melody, contributing to a well-rounded musical expression.
- Demonstrate proficiency in ensemble skills, effectively collaborating with others in a musical context.
- Engage actively in a choral workshop, contributing to the collective musical performance.
- Successfully manage simple harmonies, reflecting a growing mastery of musical techniques.
- Effectively follow performance directions, ensuring a cohesive and synchronised musical presentation.