Vision, Mission and Values
Our values of Ambition, Integrity and Respect permeate through the curriculum. We have high expectations of all pupils, reflected in the Gable Way: being Ready to learn, being Respectful to each other and Safe in and out of School.
Vision - To prepare students for an evolving world, so when faced with its challenges they have the skills to adapt and flourish.
Mission - Gable Hall School's mission is to forge a nurturing yet dynamic environment. We foster academic excellence, personal growth, and social responsibility, empowering our students with a range of knowledge, skills, and values as they stride confidently into a world characterised by change, leaving positive imprints on the global community.
AMBITION - means having big dreams and working hard to make them come true. It's like having a big goal, like becoming a doctor or a teacher, and doing everything you can to achieve it. Ambitious people are like superheroes; they never give up and keep trying, even when things get tough.
How can you be a person with AMBITION?
- Dream Big: Think about what you want to be when you grow up, and set a big goal for yourself. It could be anything you love.
- Work Hard: Put in your best effort to get good grades in school and learn new things.
- Stay Determined: Even if you face challenges, remember your big goal and keep going.
- Believe in Yourself: Have confidence that you can achieve your dreams.
- Never Give Up: No matter how hard things get, don't give up on your dreams. Keep pushing forward.
INTEGRITY - means being a person who always tries to do what's right. It's like having a strong sense of honesty and responsibility. When you have integrity, you know the difference between right and wrong, and you choose to do the right thing, even when it's tough. It's important because it's connected to many other important skills like patience, honesty, responsibility, dependability, and accountability. It's like having the power to do what's right, even when no one is watching.
How can you be a person with INTEGRITY?
- Be Honest: Always tell the truth and be truthful in everything you say and do.
- Be Trustworthy: People can rely on you to keep your promises and be dependable.
- Don't Cheat: Never share or copy someone else's work, as it's not fair or honest.
- Respect Secrets: Keep your friends' secrets and don't share them with others.
- Avoid Spreading Rumours: Don't talk about others behind their backs. Be kind and respectful.
- Do What's Right: Even when adults aren't around, make good choices and behave well.
Remember, a student with integrity is someone who always tries to do what's right and doesn't break the rules just because others say it's okay.
RESPECT means treating others the way you want to be treated. It's like being polite, kind, and considerate to people. There are four important ideas that go along with respect:
- The Golden Rule: This means treating others how you would like them to treat you. If you want people to be nice to you, be nice to them. Always be polite and courteous.
- Non-Violence: When you have disagreements or feel angry, it's important to solve them peacefully. Don't use physical force to show your anger or to get what you want. Talk things out calmly.
- Tolerance and Acceptance: Respect people who are different from you. Everyone has their own opinions and perspectives. Listen to what others have to say and try to understand their point of view. Don't judge people based on how they look.
- Courtesy: Use good manners with everyone. Be polite and treat others with kindness. Don't hurt others by embarrassing them, putting them down, or insulting them. And never use bad or inappropriate language.
Remember, being respectful means being a good, kind, and considerate person to others.
These values stand as the guiding stars that chart our trajectory towards educational excellence, all-encompassing development, and the development of students into responsible, empathetic global citizens.
Equalities Statement: See our Equality of Opportunity Policy for further details. Click here to view.